Sunday, May 2, 2010

April 28, 2010

I saw him today on campus. I was leaving the library and he was going in. I looked at him, surprised, and he said, “Hey.” I didn't say anything. He just kept walking.

I went to the bus stop and waited for the bus. I thought maybe he would call me or text me to see if I needed a ride, but he did not. I wanted to cry. The baby was moving around, and I thought, I can feel my child kicking inside me and his father is 200 feet away in the library and he just said hey to me. The world has gone mad. I once slept beside him, held him, kissed his head, gasped when he touched me and wanted him . . . I once thought I could love him. And now it is all over. Now I am carrying his child, and I am alone, and he says hey.

The world is mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment